Saturday, January 31, 2009

Last Year's Resolutions

General
Don’t waste my days FAILED, MOSTLY
Relaxing is fine, wasting is not.
Get back to New Orleans FAILED
My favorite place in the world, so why am I not there more often?

Financial
Get promoted HALF-SUCCEEDED
And truly deserve it. No sleeping with the boss(es) to get this one…
Buy a computer FAILED
With editing software. Next, take over the world!
Fix my car up nice DOUBLE FAIL
Cause it needs it. Bad.
Save at least 3,500 dollars
TRIPLE QUADRUPLE FAIL
Oh where, oh where have my life savings gone?

Physical
Try new sports (and play MORE racquetball)PARTLY SUCCEED
Gonna join a kickball league in March, dominate the racquetball court, and maybe take up basketball again.
Remember to take my vitamins
FAILED
Exercise at least 3 times a week
FAILED
I want to be able to run! . . . More than a block.
High fruit and vegetable intake
FAILED
Because they’re good… and good for you!
Flat tummy, bigger butt, better wardrobe
FAILED
Just a general summation of how I want to improve my looks in ’08.

Intellectual
Record my life more carefully
FAILED
Books I read, movies I watch, random hilarious or thought provoking events. I love reading about it later.

Read 30 books (keep a list) SUCCESS UNKNOWN

Français? Oui, s’il vous plait.
FAILED
Parce que je voudrais apprendre plus français.
Learn to use a DV camera
FAILED
This is, in the immediate future, to help me get promoted. In the distant future? Camerawoman on Ice Road Truckers, or the like.
Explore creativity more (guitar, drawing, writing)
FAILED

Interpersonal
Keep in touch with friends, make new
FAILED
Call my family more
FAILED
My grandmothers are old. Every few weeks, my immediate family wonders whether I’m still alive.

No comments: